Most digital marketing accounts need at least some attention monthly and many of them require more than a little attention every week to stay on top of changing user patterns, new account features and keeping ads and information fresh.
So – what do we do for our monthly management clients? Well, it depends on the size of the account, the number of campaigns, the monthly ad spend budget and a whole host of additional factors.
Here are a few of the tasks we check on a weekly basis:
- Review all ads – check click through rates, conversion rates and overall effectiveness
- Analysis of competitive ads vs. ads we have created – be sure our ads out-shine the competition
- Quality Score analysis –take action to improve, make recommendations on landing pages
- Review Search Terms – add negative keywords
- Keyword Analysis
- Extensions Review
- Review Conversion actions
- Device performance and bid modifiers
So you can see there are quite a few things to stay on top of. If you have spent any kind of time trying to find your way around a Google AdWords Account or a Facebook AD Manager you know that there are literally thousands of variables to play with in order to get the best performance for your account. It’s what we do all day – so we are very familiar with every bell and whistle and how they work. Many of the features available won’t be necessary for your particular account – the trick is figuring out which ones are key and which ones are irrelevant.